The Legacy of the Lakes Museum & Gardens welcomes you to take photographs of the Gardens for your own use and enjoyment, but please observe the above policies. You are allowed to take casual photos of family, friends, and features in the Gardens. Anyone intending to sell their images must follow the rules regarding professional portrait photography.
Professional Portrait Photography
The Legacy of the Lakes Museum & Gardens defines portrait photography as senior, engagement, family, wedding, and any other posed portraits of individuals taken by professional photographers.
- Photography permits are required when taking professional pictures inside the Legacy Gardens.
- To obtain a permit, stop by the Legacy of the Lakes Museum office or use download the form here and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees can be paid below using PayPal, in person at our office, or by mailing a check to Legacy of the Lakes Museum, PO Box 1216, Alexandria, MN 56308.
- The Legacy Gardens does not allow professional portrait photography without a permit.
- Please stay on pathways and normally used grassy areas.
- Please do not block any pathways or areas in the Gardens.
- Please do not climb trees, enter flower beds, or enter water features.
- Please do not touch or move plant life.
- The Legacy Gardens are under video surveillance.
Single – graduation or other individual portraits – $30.00
Engagement/Family – $75.00
Wedding Party – $250.00*
*If your wedding ceremony or reception is booked at the Legacy of the Lakes BoatHouse and Gardens, your photography permit fees are included in your package.